HTC has launched yet another mid-range smartphone in India, the HTC Desire 728G, for Rs. 17,990. It is a slightly different variant of the HTC Desire 728 Dual SIM, which was released in China a few days back.
This variant features a 64-bit octa-core MediaTek processor and a dual-SIM card slot. It will be available in two colours – Purple Myst and White Luxury – from offline as well as online stores in the country.
The Desire 728G Dual SIM runs Android 5.0 Lollipop with the company’s own UI enhancement, Sense UI. Sadly, the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer hasn’t shipped this device with the latest version of Google’s smartphone operating system, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, something it did with the recently announce HTC One A9.
It is equipped with a 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD display, a 64-bit octa-core MediaTek MT6753 processor, Mali-T720 GPU, 1.5GB LP-DDR3 RAM, 16GB of internal storage, and a microSD card slot. There’s a dual-SIM card slot, which can accommodate both GSM and CDMA SIM cards, but the connectivity has been limited to 3G HSPA+ speeds. However, the CDMA SIM would only work with the second SIM card slot. The device comes with a fairly large 2,800 mAh battery.
HTC Desire 728G Dual SIM Specifications
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Sense UI
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 267 ppi
- 13-megapixel primary camera, BSI sensor, 27mm lens with f/2.2 aperture, single-LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixel secondary camera, BSI sensor with 33.7mm lens and f/2.8 aperture, and 1080p video recording
- Front-facing stereo loudspeakers (with HTC BoomSound), Dolby Audio
- 1.3GHz octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 1.5GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, microSD card slot (upto 2TB)
- Dual SIM card slot (GSM+GSM/GSM+CDMA), 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS (with A-GPS and GLONASS), and FM Radio
- MicroUSB v2.0 port and 3.5 mm headset jack
- 2800 mAh battery; 157.9×77.8×7.87mm; 153g